IACT Israel Engagement Associate / University of Vermont Hillel
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Maryland Hillel seeks an IACT Israel Engagement Associate who brings contagious energy and passion for Judaism and Israel. In this role, you will lead a team effort to recruit students for Israel experiences, including Birthright Israel and Onward Israel, by building one-on-one relationships, staffing trips to Israel, and strengthening those relationships upon students’ return to campus.
Maryland Hillel’s IACT Israel Engagement Associate will lead the largest campus-based Israel travel program and serve as the primary staff member focused on Greek life engagement, playing an essential role in ensuring students’ Israel experiences continue upon return to campus, helping connect them with meaningful opportunities within our vibrant Jewish community. This position will report to the Director of Engagement & Israel Experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to recruit 350+ students for Birthright Israel trips each year as well as recruit for other Israel immersive experiences such as Onward Israel, Masa, AIPAC & JStreet Conferences and other Israel-centric travel and opportunities.
- Develop relationships with students from different key demographics, help them register for upcoming Birthright Israel trips and connect them to opportunities through Hillel.
- Staff immersive Israel experiences, including Birthright Israel.
- Curate the Birthright Israel – Maryland Hillel brand via social media and other channels to position Maryland Hillel’s trips as the premiere trip option for students at University of Maryland.
- Ensure 80% of Birthright Israel and other Israel focused travel and immersive experience participants are engaged in meaningful, post-trip opportunities on campus.
- Recruit, manage, and lead a team of Birthright Israel recruitment interns to reach a large and diverse Jewish student population.
- Handle Birthright trip logistics including collaboration with Hillel International on flights, itineraries, applications processes as well as hiring and training bus staff to ensure optimal experience for participants.
- Serve as primary liaison to Greek life on campus, building relationships, connecting them to Birthright and Hillel opportunities.
- Track recruitment progress and evaluate impact using Salesforce.
- Participate fully in shared work of Hillel, community events, staff meetings, trainings and other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Accomplished
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience, including working on a college campus and/or with young adults, Israel engagement/ education work, and experience with diverse Jewish communities.
- Bachelors degree.
- Prior travel experience in Israel and a passion for Israel and Judaism.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- A passion for Judaism and Israel that is contagious.
- Experience and comfort with Greek life on campus.
- An excitement and willingness to not slow down until you have reached your recruitment goal.
- Knowledge of Israeli society and culture.
- Self-driven and motivated, with energy and enthusiasm for Israel programming and travel.
- Excellent follow-through on projects, ability to multitask, and a team player.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel.
About Maryland Hillel
Maryland Hillel serves one of the largest and most dynamic Jewish campus communities in the country. Actively seeking to engage Jewish students on their own terms, Maryland Hillel provides students with Jewish opportunities that are meaningful, empowering and engaging. Through a creative mix of leadership training, education, volunteerism, social, spiritual, and cultural opportunities, students are inspired to realize their potential and become the best versions of themselves.
Maryland Hillel, located in College Park, MD in close proximity to Washington, DC, enjoys a national reputation for its Jewish community, both due to its size with some 5,800 Jewish undergrads, and, more critically, due to the vibrancy of Jewish life on campus. Maryland Hillel draws students to the University of Maryland from around the country with large contingents from Maryland, the tristate area, Florida and California. Following many years of growth, Hillel is conducting a capital campaign to construct a custom-built 40,000 square foot Jewish student center to continue to support this thriving Jewish community into the future.
About Hillel International
Maryland Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with students that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Hillel is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world.