Development Executive/Senior Development Executive, Manhattan Campaign
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position is for a fundraising professional who loves CommUnity! The Manhattan Campaign Development Executive/Senior Development Executive has primary responsibility of developing a UJA CommUnity fundraising culture within specific neighborhoods, working with individual donors and Jewish communal organizations. This fundraiser will have ultimate accountability for achieving their campaign goals. They will be responsible for maintaining quality relationships with all significant lay leadership within their fundraising assignments.
About the Organization:
The world’s largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York’s mission is to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, to respond to crises close to home and far away, and to shape our Jewish future. Funds raised by UJA-Federation sustain the activities of local health, human-service, educational, and community agencies. Every day, these community-based organizations provide a multitude of services that improve and enhance people’s lives.
- Develop a strategic engagement and fundraising plan for Neighborhood Engagement. This professional will work with Jewish communal institutions to engage membership in UJA’s work and increase family engagement.
- Develop Major Gifts strategy for donor prospects including identification, stewardship, and solicitation of these donors.
- Understand and communicate the UJA-Federation mission and case to lay leadership and the community.
- Build positive UJA-Federation brand awareness among the division’s targeted age group of Jewish New Yorkers.
- Develop innovative strategies and cultivate strong relationships with high potential donors to encourage greater levels of donor engagement and commitment to the campaign.
- Develop a long-term plan regarding leadership development to assure quality lay leadership for upcoming and successive campaigns.
- Maintain a direct portfolio of donors and prospects; work with lay leaders and staff to cultivate, maximize opportunities for relationship building, engage and solicit donors to increase dollars raised and expand donor base.
- Communicate and follow up appropriately within the organization to effectively utilize its central resources such as; Print Shop, Speakers Bureau, Marketing & Communications and IT.
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Five plus years of fundraising experience
- Strategic planning skills with an ability to multi-task. Strong organizational skills
- Creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and using remote tools (Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Team player
- Strong knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community
- Strong negotiation and consensus building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Masters or better.
5 years: Fundraising
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make strategic decisions about where we can make the biggest difference, and build innovative programs to change millions of lives.