Junior Database Administrator, Information Technology Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Junior Database Administrator will assist the Senior DBA manage UJA Federation of New York’s multiple SQL Server 2012 and 2016 databases. In addition, the Junior DBA will write stored procedures, functions, and queries to manage database systems and to support reporting and business data analysis.
About the Organization
The world’s largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York’s mission is to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, to respond to crises close to home and far away, and to shape our Jewish future. Funds raised by UJA-Federation sustain the activities of local health, human-service, educational, and community agencies. Every day, these community-based organizations provide a multitude of services that improve and enhance people’s lives.
- Install and maintain SQL Servers
- Create/migrate and deploy databases
- Create and maintain database backup and restore plans
- Manage SQL Server and database security
- Test disaster recovery scenarios – Perform regular random drills to test the backup plan and to test the integrity of the company’s backups
- Assist with performance tuning – tune the file structure and organization, schedule index rebuilds, and any hardware-type decisions. Run Profiler to determine where poorly running queries are and provide any assistance in rewriting the query. Look at execution plans to determine where indexes can be built to improve performance
- Export and import data between databases as well as between database and file
- Create tables and views, write stored procedures, functions, and queries
- Support various 3-tier internal applications
- At least 3 years’ experience in database administration
- Knowledge of Windows Sever 2008R2 and up
- Transact-SQL experience
- VB, Java, or Powershell scripting experience
- Knowledge of .Net
- Knowledge of IIS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Strong analytical skills are a must
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to be on-call during off-hours
- Not-For-Profit industry experience
Bachelors or better in Information Technology.
2 years: Database administration
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make strategic decisions about where we can make the biggest difference, and build innovative programs to change millions of lives.