Web Production & Design Executive
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a whiz at web production and design, passionate about optimizing user experience, and able to thrive and remain unflappable in a fast-paced environment? Then this role on UJA-Federation of New York’s Marketing & Communications team may be a perfect fit for you. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of UJA-Federation’s web site, ujafedny.org, as well as our other web properties. This position reports to the Director of Integrated and Resource Marketing, and works in close partnership with the Marketing Brand Team and counterparts in IT.
- Develop requirements for the organization’s web properties.
- Design, build, maintain, monitor, and update web pages and microsites; working with team members and freelancers to meet the needs and goals of various audiences within the organization.
- Follow QA best practices to ensure that all content and transaction pages are functional, user-friendly, and responsive across all major devices.
- Translate design mockups to web using HTML and CSS to execute digital design that reflects UJA’s brand standards and manage approvals and publishing.
- Perform user acceptance testing for new features from the IT development team.
- Work closely with counterparts in IT to respond to and troubleshoot website issues.
- Maintain mastery of the systems and technologies supporting our web properties, including but not limited to the custom CMS for our primary website, WordPress, Classy, and WooCommerce.
- Coordinate with IT on setting up any WordPress or other microsites, and on backup strategies for the site, content, and databases. Maintain the updates for security and bug fixes, including any plugins.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Brand Team to execute web content decisions quickly, efficiently, and with quality control to meet the needs of the organization in real time.
- Maintain basic familiarity with UJA’s email production tools and support email team with production, as necessary.
- Liaise with IT and external vendors around the selection, customization, and implementation of systems and processes impacting web production, including platform/server updates, operational enhancements, and integration with other systems.
- Ensure efficient management of internal customer requests for the web channel, enhancing the processes and systems to communicate request information to the production team.
- Understand the marketing KPIs relevant to the web channel, monitor related metrics, and contribute to web strategy.
- Use a code repository and maintain up-to-date documentation of web systems and processes.
- Stay on top of industry trends and web best practices in SEM/SEO and user experience design.
- Maintain familiarity with other digital channels (e.g., email, display advertising, social media) and collaborate with those channel managers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in website development, with fluency in at least one industry-standard CMS and with HTML, CSS, and at least one scripting language
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop (InDesign is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of typography and user-friendly layouts
Bachelors or better.
2 years website development
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make strategic decisions about where we can make the biggest difference, and build innovative programs to change millions of lives.