Wall Street Division Development Associate/Development Executive
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Wall Street Division of UJA-Federation of New York seeks a proactive, self-motivated, and flexible Development Associate/Executive. The candidate will be responsible for significant strategy and dollars raised and must be able to work effectively with senior leadership of UJA-Federation, both volunteer and professional. The activities of this division are fast-paced and high-energy, therefore this role requires a team-player with the ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot, and be a forward-thinker.
About the Organization
The world’s largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York’s mission is to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, to respond to crises close to home and far away, and to shape our Jewish future. Funds raised by UJA-Federation sustain the activities of local health, human-service, educational, and community agencies. Every day, these community-based organizations provide a multitude of services that improve and enhance people’s lives.
- Identify and cultivate financial services professionals with major gifts capacity.
- Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies to increase dollars raised for the annual campaign. Employ a variety of fundraising techniques, including one-on-one solicitations, fundraising events, phone sessions, and written communications.
- Responsible for having a significant role within the Wall Street Dinner, UJA’s largest annual fundraising event.
- Educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA-Federation of New York through one-on-one cultivation activities, fundraising events, educational programs, and industry briefings.
- Organize and implement strategies for annual division event(s) as needed, including securing honorees, organizing event committees, leveraging existing leadership for fundraising opportunities, and interfacing with internal service providers.
- Organize agency site visits, volunteer activities, missions, and other meaningful activities (when safe and appropriate).
- Work with lay leaders and staff to cultivate donors, maximize opportunities for relationship building, and engage and solicit donors to increase dollars raised and expand donor base.
- Collaborate with staff in other divisions to develop and implement strategies involving donors across divisional lines. This includes collaboration with fundraisers for the Annual Campaign, the Planned Giving & Endowments Campaign, and Capital & Special Initiatives Campaigns; all with the goal to maximize engagement with donors and their families.
- Maintain records of donor portfolios and evaluate progress regularly with supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5+ years minimum of demonstrable fundraising and/or sales experience including one-on-one and phone solicitation.
- High degree of comfort with high net worth donors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer-service orientation.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multitask.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as active listening skills.
- Should be comfortable and adept at presenting and communicating via Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other remote-work applications.
- Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and passion for UJA-Federation’s mission.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, creative with a sense of humor
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Bachelors or better.
3-5 years: Fundraising or Sales
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make strategic decisions about where we can make the biggest difference, and build innovative programs to change millions of lives.