Development Assistant / Long Island
The Long Island division of the UJA works with donors, community leaders, and local nonprofits in support of UJA’s mission to care for people in need, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. In this role, the Development Assistant will provide administrative support to both fundraisers and office leadership.
- Engage and communicate with donors, lay leaders, and outside vendors to make sure that all operations are running smoothly
- Maintain general correspondence, reports, and invitations utilizing software programs
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications department regarding content of invitations, forms, and posters
- Calendar events and meetings in Outlook
- Maintain database for events
- Manage lists for synagogues, committees, businesses, and professions
- Process money, including major gifts and securities, using fundraising system
- Track attendance and monies for synagogue and major events, including invoices, event charges, raffles, etc.
- Confirm attendance and prepare materials for committee meetings
- Manage and update data on fundraising database, including report extraction as well as committee and agency information
- Organize mailings: stuffing and posting
- Share reception responsibilities when receptionist is out of the office
- Serve as liaison between donors and Operations, Production, and Reporting at 59th Street Office
- Assist with evening events when necessary: taking attendance, distributing literature, helping with set up, and collecting event charges/contributions
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Computer proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, and Publisher, as well as Internet tools and searching
- Proficiency in spelling, grammar, punctuation, basic math, and with office equipment
- Ability to type at least 50 wpm
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a proactive approach to work
- Can effectively file and maintain hard copies on computer
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Flexibility with work tasks
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with UJA-Federation agencies is a plus
- Ability to learn, use, and maintain the UJA-Federation fundraising system.
Your application has been successfully submitted.