Jconnect Director / University of Washington Hillel
Hillel at University of Washington
Hillel at the University of Washington is hiring a full-time Director for our award-winning Jconnect Program. Jconnect Seattle provides a meaningful, creative, and engaging community for Jewish graduate students and young adults in their 20’s and early 30’s who live in the Greater Seattle area. Recent years have seen a 70% increase in the Jewish population of the city, and it is an exciting time to take a leadership role in a nationally recognized organization. The Jconnect Director will join an outstanding staff committed to innovative programming, and the creation of a welcoming and pluralistic Jewish community. You will plan musical Shabbat experiences and meals, big parties for Hanukkah and Purim, fun weekend getaways or day trips hiking, skiing, and exploring the PNW, and provide a wide array of entry points for Jconnectors to explore, embrace, and celebrate Jewish life and identity.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- You are a relationship builder and enjoy meeting new people all the time
- You are a self-starter – creative, highly motivated, and able to think and act strategically
- You have a familiarity with Jewish tradition, ideas and practice
- You have experience in and a passion for building a diverse and pluralistic Jewish community
- You want to create a welcoming environment for everyone, including those from interfaith families and/or their non-Jewish partners
- You are excited to help young adults craft and implement their own programming ideas
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant professional experience in experiential education, leadership development, or relationship-based engagement; Master’s degree and/or professional experience in Jewish organizations are a plus.
- Build and sustain relationships with participants, foster micro-communities, and serve as a welcoming community resource
- Provide programming for 800-1,000 unique 20-30 something Jewish individuals annually and 200-300 Jewish individuals 6 or more times each year.
- Plan, develop, market and/or oversee 16-20 programs every month, including Shabbat and holiday celebrations, community building events, and social justice projects. Develop programs that reflect the diversity of our Jewish community, and of Jewish young adults in Seattle.
- Promote a variety of learning opportunities, and collaborate to broaden outreach to young adults at Microsoft, Amazon, and other professional spaces
- Identify uninvolved Jewish young adult populations and develop strategies for connecting with, engaging and serving them.
- Raise income through Shabbat and program attendance fees, community partnerships and sponsorships
- Manage program budget and maintain records.
- Create content for and oversee marketing, social media, and copy for the Jconnect Seattle website and newsletter
- Join weekly staff meetings and engage in professional supervision
- Avail yourself of ongoing Jewish learning and personal/professional growth opportunities.
- Develop, recruit for, and staff immersive experiences such as Taglit-Birthright Israel and JDC (Joint Distribution Committee) Entwine annual trips.
- Take part in planning and executing major Hillel programs including High Holidays and Passover
- Oversee, maintain, and pull reports for young adult participant-tracking database (HEaRT)
- Reliable personal transportation
- This is a full-time position that allows for flexible work hours, requiring some evenings and weekends.
What You’ll Get Out of the Job
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation/sick time, and family leave
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this position is $54,000-$58,000 DOE.
- Resources for professional development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities
- Domestic and/or international travel
- The ability to take risks, have fun, and shape the Jewish community for the better
- A free parking space, food, unlimited coffee, and fun swag
- Opportunities to explore an incredible, vibrant, young city and a beautiful region of the country
When you apply, please include your resume, three references including contact information, and a cover letter.
Seattle is a great place to live! It blends an outstanding cosmopolitan lifestyle with an unparalleled natural environment; Seattle’s residents enjoy easy access to wonderful outdoor adventures and the city’s many rich cultural offerings. It is a creative community home to innovators, techies, creators, artists, and those who love making the most of life and all that the area offers.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
The Jconnect Seattle is a program of Hillel UW, and as such, is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.