Campus Director, University of Georgia Hillel / Hillels of Georgia
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hillels of Georgia seeks a visionary, dynamic and strategic leader with proven organizational skills to lead Hillel at the University of Georgia. At Hillels of Georgia our Campus Directors are passionate about and committed to building vibrant Jewish life on campus. Do you want to create an expansive program of Jewish learning, celebration, community service, Israel and networking to serve UGA’s growing Jewish student community? Are you ready to engage and empower students to help drive and develop innovative initiatives on campus? Are you committed to diversity, pluralism, inclusion and audacious hospitality? Do you want to cultivate relationships with students, families, alumni, community stakeholders and University partners in support of Hillel’s mission? Are you prepared to manage operations, programming and fundraising for the growth of Hillel at UGA? Do you want to have the time of your life providing excellent professional leadership to one of the fastest growing Hillels in Georgia? Then the University of Georgia Hillel is for you.
Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Set a vision and strategy for Jewish engagement and empowerment by inspiring students to develop their Jewish journeys and identities
- Be a “Doogma” (role model) for Jewish life, living, learning, leadership, service and activism
- Provide Israel awareness, education and advocacy and promote student connections with Israel
- Maintain database for students, alumni, families and supporters
- Provide professional guidance to Hillel staff and student leadership and nurture their development while promoting a culture of creativity and excellence including supervision of staff
- Direct programming, activities, budgeting, fundraising and all aspects of Hillel operations
- Develop and maintain relationships with other professionals serving students on campus including other student organizations, the University, Hillels of Georgia and Jewish communal partners to further collaborations benefiting Hillel
- Commitment to work both independently and collaboratively with all partners and stakeholders
What You’ve Accomplished
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant professional experience as a Hillel professional or Jewish communal professional, college student activities or young adult community
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
What You’ll Bring to the Position
- Passion, dedication and commitment
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong foundation of Jewish knowledge, values, history and practice
- Experiential education and community organizational skills and experience
- Familiarity with Jewish communal, campus, student life and higher education agenda
- Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- Success and achievement oriented; determination and tenacity
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Commitment to personal and professional excellence
- Competence with social media, technology, computer and database management
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to problem-solve and take risks
- A sense of humor
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive compensation in the nonprofit marketplace
- Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity, Pension Plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time and parental leave
- Outstanding supervision, professional development, mentorship and skill building opportunities
- Travel for professional conferences, continuing education and immersive programs including travel to Israel and the Jewish world
University of Georgia, UGA Hillel and Hillels of Georgia
The University of Georgia is one of the largest campuses in the Georgia State University System with more than 38,000 enrolled students. UGA is located in Athens, Georgia approximately 60 miles from Atlanta. UGA offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs. The University’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit and SEC Division I athletic program draw students from throughout the region, the United States and from hundreds of countries around the world.
UGA Hillel serves as the “center” of Jewish life on campus and is committed to creating vibrant and dynamic Jewish life for the hundreds of Jewish students. Given current student enrollment figures and future projections we estimate that the Jewish student community will grow to 1,000+ in a few short years which is why a brand-new Hillel Center is being constructed to serve the Jewish student community on campus. The new Hillel Center is directly across the street from the freshman housing quad and less than ¼ from Sanford Stadium, home to the Georgia Bulldogs. Go Dawgs! The Athens community offers an exciting array recreational, arts and cultural activities, in addition to those at UGA, as well as a diverse food scene.
Hillels of Georgia is proud to be part of the greater Atlanta Jewish community which has more than 125,000 members and includes an extensive network of synagogues, Jewish day schools and other Jewish communal agencies serving our warm, welcoming and diverse pluralistic Jewish community.
Atlanta is one of the largest cities in the United States and is the vibrant economic, cultural, educational and civic capital of the southeast. It is home to some of America’s most iconic companies and enterprises including Coca Cola, Delta Airlines, Home Depot, UPS and the Center for Disease Control. It is a hub of technological innovation, entertainment, arts and culture and higher education; as well as home to the Braves, Falcons, Hawks and Atlanta United FC. Major attractions include the Atlanta Zoo, Botanical Garden, Piedmont Park, High Museum of Art as well as historic landmarks such as the Carter Center and MLK Historical
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillels of Georgia is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Hillel is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world.